Saturday, March 1, 2014

The Rain Meditation

There are a number of things in both local and international politics as of late that have been disheartening to me. From the slaying of peaceful protesters in Venezuela to the possible new segregation laws in Arizona, there seems to be a lot of disharmony on our planet these days. The good news is that these events are giving us the opportunity to spark the change within us that is needed to create a better world.


For example, there has been a strong backlash towards the governor of Arizona to veto the horrendous bill SB 1062, which if made into law, would have enabled anyone to refuse service to the gay and lesbian community. I don’t think the state legislature realized that this bill would incite an outpouring of human rights advocacy around the nation. As most of us know, Gov. Brewer did indeed veto this bill, but that is not the only result we had this week. On the same day, the federal government overturned the ban on gay marriage in Texas, citing that it was unconstitutional. It would seem that one hateful act has inspired compassion. It is my hope that this event will engage people in further accepting that we are all part of the same Universal Creation and we are all perfect, no matter who we love.

Furthermore, the abominable acts in South America has had an effect on how we are viewing the world. Not just in Venezuela, but around the globe, peaceful demonstrations are occurring asking for change in their respective governments. People have had enough of the status quo and are demanding a new reality. While traditional news sources are by-in-large no longer reporting these events, possibly for fear that it will happen in their own country and possibly because quite often the local government agencies are waging violent acts against the people, still a rise in awareness is taking place through social media. People are beginning to wake up to what is happening around them and they are sharing with others, by any means at their disposal, in order to educate the world.  Education leads to a thinking mind and thinking minds lead to transitioning thoughts, which in turn leads to change in our global community.  These are good things. 

Then, earlier this week, the governor of my home state of California, Jerry Brown, announced that he would be cutting off the water supply to local farmers, because of the drought they are experiencing.  Of course, there was no mention of cutting off water for the big business GMO farmers, only the ones who produce local organic crops.  I will let the reader come up with their own conclusions why Brown has made this unconscionable decision. Nevertheless, this was yet another in a long list of items that have sparked change—this time within me. 

I thought to myself between the bigotry, the chem trails, the smart meters, and the seemingly never-ending proliferation of the corporatocracy on the people, not to mention the misinformation about our food supply, what can I, Lisa Tunney, do about it? Well, for one thing, I can break my own silence by putting pen to paper in order to share my thoughts in a public forum. I can also start meditating.

In fact, an idea occurred to me that it would be wonderful if the law-makers, lobbyists and corporate leaders all spent time every day in meditation.  I envisioned a sea of people outside on the lawn in front of the White House, all donning their customary matching costumes of the dark suit, tie and loafers. In my mind, each of them were seated quietly in lotus position on their yoga mats. While that image certainly struck my funny bone, can you imagine what a profound effect meditation would have on our so-called leaders?  Within a very short period of time, there would inevitably be a shift in the Collective Unconscious as this powerful group would be Awakened. Change would be the inevitable outcome.

Alas, it is unlikely that I could entice these people to meditate, but what I can do is meditate myself.  The great leader Ghandi stated that I must be the change I seek in the world. So, that is what I set out to do. I am the one doing the changing.

For one thing, nearly every night while I lived in France, I sent out healing energy to the planet, but when I moved to Sedona I stopped doing so.  My mindset was to allow for the Collective to create whatever it wanted—the good, the bad and the ugly.  Thankfully, I had the realization that I am a part of the Collective myself and I choose to have a holistic, healthy lifestyle. I also choose to be in Alignment with the Divine and in doing so I must do my part in creating a better world.  So, for the first time in a long while, I began my energetic healing session in honor of our planet. In doing so, I would start with helping the organic farmers in getting their much needed rain.

One might ask, just how I was going to do that. Back in the days when I worked in Corporate America, I sold events on high-end yachts in San Francisco. Since my parties were held on the bay, it would stand to reason that many of my clients would be concerned about the weather. I always calmed their minds by repeating the same sales pitch. I assured them that my charters never have any rain. They would sign the contract and would undoubtedly have a nice party. 

The funny thing is that even my event-coordinator got in on the act, reminding clients that Lisa’s charters would never think about having any rain. I promised to deliver and that is what I did. On only one occasion there was rain until the minute the charter started, but then subsided while the party was taking place. It then returned after the party was over. So, my record of having rain-free events was still intact. This all happened before I was Spiritually Awake, but somehow at the core of my Being, I knew that I could control the weather and that my coordinator was unknowingly helping with that manifestation.

As I have remembered my True Self, I now understand that we are all energy and at the core, this energy is the same in all things throughout the Universe. So, what is in me, is in the vegetables I ate for lunch, the trees outside, the stars in the sky, not to mention the weather patterns. We are all One.

Moreover, while I may not be living in San Francisco at this time, it is no longer about “us” and “them.”  We are all in this together. Every part of the planetary body is a part of me so it doesn’t matter where I am located. The domino effect is clear. If I did nothing to help with the crops in California, it would affect the crops where I am locally. 

Furthermore, I now have an understanding of how the butterfly effect works. One small change on this side of the world can affect things dramatically on the other side. So, before making any intention on the weather, I ask that it only take place if it does nothing to negatively impact anyone else on the planet. If the Universe is then happy with my request, I then move forward.

That leads me to where I was a few days ago. Jerry Brown’s words were just the tip of the proverbial iceberg. They were the catalyst which led me to take action. While in meditation, I asked that the organic farmers receive whatever water they needed for a healthy crop. Later that day, it began to rain throughout the state. Granted, I am not the only one asking for rain for California, but the more of us who do so, the more readily the Universe is to respond in our favor.  

Additionally, it’s not about sitting in fear by claiming either verbally or in one’s mind, that we are having a drought and “need” the rain—that only creates more drought and the need for rain.  When we shift our consciousness and are thankful for the healthy outcome of a situation, the healthy outcome of the situation is what transpires not the “need” for it to transpire.

While this one storm that has been there for a few days now will unlikely solve all of California’s water problems, I have asked the Universe to continue helping the organic crops, by giving them whatever they need in the appropriate time they need it so that a healthy crop comes forth.  This is not just a one-time deal. It’s an ongoing meditation.

What's more, California is not the only area being affected by the lack of water. Now I am in Sedona and we have been having the warmest winter I have ever experienced. While we have had near freezing temperatures overnight, once the sun comes up, it is too hot for this time of year. There hasn’t been a single flake of snow and there has been so little rain since our last monsoon season that it is most assuredly affecting our local environment. It’s simply not normal.

However, I continuously hear around town how happy almost everyone is with the beautiful weather. They are happy with the sunshine and so the Collective is creating just that—more sunshine. The problem with this way of thinking is we are creating a drought here too. It is leading the way for excruciating summer temperatures in our near future. All things on this planet are cyclical and that includes Mother Earth itself. While the warm weather might be a nice change for the tourists who are visiting from their very cold East Coast and Middle America homes, it is important to remember the cycles. When we are thirsty, we take a sip of water. When Mama Gaia is thirsty, it needs to do the same.

Accordingly, last night during a group shamanic journey session that I taught, I asked the other participants to join me in a two minute meditation to invite the rain to come in.  All day long my phone kept saying that rain was imminent, but not a single drop fell from the sky. So, I thought it was time for the eight of us to take action. I led the meditation by offering that we expand the meditative rain dance to include all the areas of the planet that are in need of water. We then visualized that every aspect of our plant kingdom brethren, from the tops of the highest trees, to the deepest roots buried underground, bask in whatever rain it needs to replenish itself. This, in turn, is helping to feed all the life forms. Taking a cue from Goldilocks, I asked for not too much and not too little, but rather just enough to make us all healthy, happy and whole. A few hours later, it began to pour. Our small town finally received its much needed bath.

If my words can inspire even just one person to take note of not only the importance of cycles, but also the need to meditate and/or send healing energy to our Home, then I am grateful—and so is Mother Earth. The more people that contribute to the well-being of the whole, the better off we will all be. That being said, if the old adage is true that one person can make a difference, imagine what would happen  if everyone joined in the creation of a better place to live.

This blog entry comes from my monthly e-Newsletter. If you would like to receive an inspirational story in your inbox every month, please sign up at www.LisaTunney.com.

Thank you for reading and Namaste! (The Light in me recognizes the Light in you!)