Friday, February 14, 2014

Reflecting on Valentine's Day

This morning I went out for a walk.  When I first started out, I was walking towards the brightest “star” in the sky.  That light just happened to be the planet Venus.  I thought that was appropriate on this Valentine’s Day since she is the
Goddess of Love.  I sent my gratitude to her as I have enjoyed gazing at her magical presence during these last couple of weeks.


At one point while out on my trek, I decided to send Mother Earth loving energy. With each footstep I took, I visualized plump red hearts emanating from my feet and reaching out towards Mama Gaia. I spread this loving energy out across the planet to all Beings everywhere here on Earth.  As I did so, I couldn't help but smile.

After turning back around to begin my journey home, I had the opportunity to see the awe-inspiring fullness of Grandmother Moon as she began her descent towards the horizon.  She was at the perfect vantage point for me to simply bask in her glory.  Her rays radiated towards the Heavens and towards me.  I extended my Loving energy towards her, as well.

I felt completely blissful  during my active meditation.  During this time, I was connecting with the Feminine energies within me and I felt Love for myself along the way.  

I realized that it doesn’t matter if we have a romantic partner or not on this hallmark holiday.  We can send Loving energy out into the Universe and we can send Loving energy to ourselves—because at the core, that is all we really are...and that is LOVE.

I am wishing a very Happy Valentine’s Day to us all!

Thank you for reading and Namaste! (The Light in me recognizes the Light in you!)