Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Keep Hope Alive

By now, most people have heard of Ted Williams, the homeless man with the golden voice. I myself discovered him on a posting from wimp.com on my Facebook page. I clicked on the link, not having any expectations for what I was about to see. When Mr. Williams spoke, I literally sat up and said aloud, "Whoa!" I was blown away by this unkempt man and his truly angelic voice. I immediately re-posted him on my page so that others could not only hear him, but my real intention was that everyone would send positive wishes for him to be offered a job and hopefully get off the streets.

The very next day, my brother commented that Mr. Williams had been offered a job with the Cleaveland Cavaliers. With further research, I found that he had been offered a job with Kraft and MSNBC, as well. I was boiling over with enthusiasm for this man that I wanted to see all the video clips I could find on him. The Today Show and others were only too thrilled to have him as a guest. He had become an international sensation. Within 24 hours of the original posting on YouTube, this man went from living on the streets to having a haircut, clothes, an agent and several job offers. Hallelujah brother! You go, dude!

Obviously, most of us are pulling for this man and wish him all the best, but he also did something else for me. He became my teacher. No, I never met him. I did not have to. The message came in loudly and clearly to me.

You see, most of us go through life thinking that life is hard and that is all there is to it. We lose faith in our abilities as Creators, continuing to drudge along as though we are stuck in our circumstances forever. We spend so much time worrying, we forget about the joy of the present moment. We also forget that everything can and does change in a moment. One video posting of this man changed his life for the better in almost an instant. We can do the same thing. We simply have to have faith that our hopes and dreams are manifesting. Even if we cannot see the end result, if we know it to be true, it is true. Our lives can shift just as dramatically as Mr. Williams.

If you are feeling blue about your circumstances, think of the man with the golden voice. Celebrate his victory with a smile crossing your face. Since we are all One, he is us. Allow the energy of his good fortune to flow through your own body and remember to keep your own hope alive. You are Divine and your circumstances can change for the better in a moment too.

Thank you for reading and Namaste! (The Light in me recognizes the Light in you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment