Sunday, July 18, 2010

WAKE UP!

“Although they may take various roads, all are on the way.”
SWAMI VIVEKANANDA

At eighteen years of age I was given an atypical assignment in school. My psychology professor that I admired inspired us to create our destinies by first creating a vision board. A vision board is generally made with cut-out pictures and words that are meaningfully arranged in some fashion on a board and then decoupaged (a fancy word for glued) in place permanently. The idea is that by first building in our minds what we desire then putting it to paper (or in this case a board) we are taking steps to manifest our futures. This is simply another way of making the Law of Attraction work for us.

A few years ago, I decided to make a few different boards centered on various themes. I could practically hear my beloved former professor whispering in my ear to give birth to my destiny. The theme of one was about living in Paris and voila, here I am. On another board, I envisioned myself as a spiritual teacher. I added pictures showing me as an inspirational writer, a reiki master teaching reiki and a spiritual life coach helping others develop their intuitive skills.

These boards are in storage in California, but I distinctly remember one of the pictures was of three beautiful African women dressed in vibrantly colored loose dresses with coordinating scarves on their heads. The women were clapping to the beat of some music. When I looked at this image I felt these women were in Spiritual Ecstasy. As a dancer, I used to dance because I liked to dance, but then one day, I realized that every movement I was making was in Adoration for the Divine and these women reminded me of that. Next to the picture I placed the words “Bring Enlightenment to the world!” I didn’t want to simply sit quietly gaining more Spiritual clarity and keeping it to myself. I wanted to share what I have learned and help others Wake Up too!

I am constantly learning and continuously sharing. I know at the core of my Being that this is the fundamental reason why I incarnated on the planet this time around and I am happy to be here. I share ideas with those that wish to listen and it is fun!

When I made the board, however, it was never my intention to be some sort of Spiritual dictator solely in charge of the Enlightenment process of the world. On the contrary, I thought I would share my ideas with those who are interested in learning from me and maybe they would share these ideas mixed in with their own to someone else who would in turn share with someone else. This is how ideas spread. It is not about me. It is about all of us working together to bring peace and harmony to the Universe.

And who said that my way is the only way anyway? Every single person has the potential to become Enlightened and since we are creating our own Universe with our thoughts we can do it any way we see fit. In fact, that is what makes it such an adventure! As we learn to listen to our own inner wisdom, we find that we will be guided in the most glorious of ways!

As for me, I have learned that I am simply a storyteller and it is not necessary to force my way of thinking on to anyone. So often I see Spiritual teachers conveying that they are more advanced than everyone else and the others should follow them. First of all, from my perspective the word should, in any language, can be booted out the door. There are no “shoulds” in life, only opportunities to grow.

Secondly, when I hear someone call him or herself an old soul I smile, for I know they are more like teenagers in the soul department. Why do smile? Because this too is part of the process. If you think about when you were a teenager, didn’t you think that you knew everything and your parents knew nothing? This is a normal stage of development and is necessary. We have to think we know everything in order to identify with being independent adults. Otherwise, we would stay children forever, never branching out and never learning a thing. By the time we are in our mid-adulthood and especially as we become elderly, we no longer place value on the “I know everything and you know nothing” scenario as we become a little calmer and a little wiser. We know we do not know everything, but we become relaxed in knowing that everything is ok as it is. It is the same thing on the Spiritual level. We are all ok where we are right now.

Is there a better way of doing something or a better way of thinking about something? Absolutely. There are a plethora of opportunities to gain awareness into our True Being, but the fact is that no matter where we are on the road, we are still continuing to develop our Spirit. That is why we have taken physical form. Eventually we will no longer need to come down here, but for now we are here learning at the rate we wish to and not because someone else demands it of us.

That being said, I do not think any less of anyone who is not aware of their Spiritual Nature or who hasn’t attained the same level of awareness that I have and I am not jealous of those that have gained more clarity than I have. Instead, I send blessings to all for no one is better or worse than me.

Perhaps some are less experienced and that is ok too. When we think about babies, are they a lesser human being than an adult because they are younger? Of course not! They simply have less experience and need our guidance to help them figure out their own destinies. As they grow up they will need less and less rules and more and more room for freedom to express their own way of thinking. As I watch the baby grow to a child, to a teenager and then to an adult I can still learn my own lessons from this Being too. Nothing is one-sided.

We are all on the Spiritual Path, whether we are aware of it or not. With each step we take we are moving closer to the Divine. When we are ready to learn a certain thing the teacher will miraculously appear. It is not my goal to spread rules and regulations or religious dogma wherever I go. It is my intention to guide others to listen to their own inner wisdom, but if someone is not ready then they are not ready and I love them just the same.

I am sending blessings to all!

Thank you for reading and Namaste! (The Light in me recognizes the Light in you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment