Tuesday, July 20, 2010

IT BEGINS WITH YOU

The following is excerpted from Chicken Soup for the Soul and was originally taken from the words on a crypt of an Anglican Bishop at Westminster Abbey:

When I was young and free and my imagination had no limits, I dreamed of changing the world. As I grew older and wiser, I discovered the world would not change, so I shortened my sights somewhat and decided to change only my country. But it too seemed immovable.

As I grew into my twighlight years, in one last desperate attempt, I settled for only changing my family, those closest to me, but alas, they would have none of it.

And now as I lie on my deathbed, I suddenly realize, If I had only changed myself first, then by example I would have changed my family.

From their inspiration and encouragement, I would then have been able to better my country, and who knows, I may have even changed the world.

This wise bishop learned that it is NEVER EVER about changing another person. It is always about changing us first. As I change how I view the world, the world will follow...one person at a time.

Thank you for reading and Namaste! (The Light in me recognizes the Light in you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment