Saturday, September 16, 2017

VISION BOARDING

I have had a bit of a creative spark as of late. In the last few weeks, I have constructed eight vision boards. I have made vision boards in the past, but this time, I am creating them a little differently. Instead of cutting out images from a magazine, I am finding the
exact images I am looking for online and then I am plotting them out on my computer. They are fitting together like pieces of a puzzle. Some of them have been put on my desk top. Some of them have been printed out and put on foam core so they can be hung up on a wall, and with all of them I am spending time meditating to the images that speak to me so profoundly. These images have been powerful sources of inspiration for me, not just creatively speaking, but in re-shaping the way I feel about the world. 

It all started with an assignment in my Shaman class. The teacher wanted us to write or create an image that re-imagined our childhoods. I had a lot going on at that time, and didn't have the energy to write or to create, but my personality type dictates that I not only have to do the assignment, I have to do it well. I was exhausted and not happy about the prospect, but in my mind, I allowed 5 minutes a day to the project. That was all I had to offer. That was all I could do.

Famous last words.

I began by creating the background and then I found the first image. From there, I told myself that I could find one more image. After that, I thought that I could spend time finding yet another image. An hour later, I had completed the project. I became so absorbed in my creation, that I couldn't stop! Even though I was up late and had to get up at 4:30 the next morning to go to work, I felt alive. I wasn't tired at all. My creative juices were shifting the energy within me.

I call this Spiritually Awakened Childhood

A few days later, I felt inspired to create my next board. I figured if my childhood was re-imagined, then that would create a different present day for me, as well.

I am Boundless
I shared my images with a friend and thought about an image for him, which of course, was also for me. A year or so ago, he had been on a trip to India. He shared with me his experiences with the beautiful people who lived there. At one point in the conversation, he told me that his religion was kindness. When he conveyed those words it had a profound effect on me. It was as though time had stopped for a moment and I had transcended all of reality. He told me that these weren't his original words, but it was his voice to them that gave them a spark of life to me. Ergo, I created an image that spoke his words (originally by the Dalai Lama) back to me.

My Religion is Kindness
Moreover, I continue to grieve for my grandmother, who transitioned earlier in the year. I miss her and I felt compelled to create something just for me about her. I started out with the color palate that was 100% my grandmother. Initially, I intended to put different images of her on the board, but I quickly decided that what I really wanted was to show how we were linked. I wanted to share our common interests and remember that she continues living on this planet through me.

50 Years with my Grandmother
Last night I created my latest work regarding abundance. Manifesting financial abundance has been a lifelong challenge for me, and I finally decided to say goodbye to challenge and hello to stepping into the creative force that is a part of me already.

Abundance
These are just some of the images I have been working on and I have to say (and write) that it has been fun! I feel as though the creative force is driving me to creating unlimited possibilities. 

If this period of my life has taught me anything is that we can easily envision our reality, but first we have to make the vision tangible. Whether that means plotting images on a computer, cutting them out of a magazine, planting a garden, meditating, writing words down, speaking them aloud, whatever it is that speaks to us, that is how we shift our internal voice that moves into the direction of the life we have been enVISIONing for ourselves.

Happy Creating to us All!

Thank you for reading and Namaste! (The Light in me recognizes the Light in You!)

***This blog entry comes from my monthly e-Newsletter. If you would like an inspirational story in your inbox, please sign up at www.LisaTunney.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment