Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Shifting Our Fears

Over the holidays, I made my annual pilgrimage to California. The Golden State is the place of my birth and no matter where I live in the world, I still consider it my home. Prior to leaving, I made my intentions for what I wished to accomplish while
I was there and one of those things was to shift the way I feel about some of my fears. For example, I have had a lifelong phobia of being in a plane while its taking off. It's not the plane itself that bothers me. I don't mind flying at all. It's simply the whole ascension process that grips me at the core of my being. If it weren't for proper decorum, I would clasp onto a pillow and scream into it. Needless to say, if I were to follow through with my imaginings, it would likely not bode well for a happy flight. Ergo, I suffer in silence. Thankfully, this time around I chose to take a look at this fear and that is when I changed my perception. 




That's because as the plane slowly backed out of the terminal, I prayed. That's nothing unusual for me. However, I changed things up a bit. Normally, I close my eyes and make a quick intention. For all anyone knows, I am simply trying to sleep. This time, however, I was a bit more obvious. Accordingly, I placed my hands over my heart chakra—my left over the right—and closed my eyes in order to go within. During my meditation, I sent love and light to the pilots and to the rest of the crew, but I didn't stop there. I got everyone in on the act. I continued sending love and light to all the mechanics, the technicians and to anyone who ever had a hand in building and maintaining the craft I was on, not to mention to the other passengers, the elements and the plane itself. I visualized a protective white light around the plane and hearts floating towards all of us. It was a beautiful ritual and I found myself tapping my toes while my face couldn't hide a smile. Me, the fraidy-cat extraordinaire was smiling!

With my joyful grin firmly in place, I gave myself permission to connect with how this fear felt in my body. From the butterflies in my stomach to the tightness in my chest I became conscious of every nuance. I then breathed fully, allowing for the breath to fill the lungs to their fullest capacity. Breath is our life force and when I breathe consciously I cannot help but feel every pore of my body at the same time. From the top of my head to the tips of my toes, I felt alive. I felt awake. And I felt lighter than I had only moments before.

Don't get me wrong, the fear was still present. I could sense its resonance floating within me, but now I was witnessing it from the place of the observer. Yes, it was still there, but instead of weighing me down like a ton of bricks, it was like a mere feather in my hand. That's when it struck me that perhaps this was what inner peace was all about. We are all still human, here to experience the rainbow of emotions, even fear, but now I had learned to do it from the place of Spirit, whose gentle guidance made way for my inner radiance to shine through.

So, if you are out and about in the world of chaotic experiences, remember that we are more powerful than we have ever been taught. If we breathe, create a ritual and take note of all the happenings within our body, we can then allow whatever is happening in any given moment to simply just 'be'.

...And that is a good thing.

Happy New Year Everyone! May 2015 bring us all many Blessings.

Thank you for reading and Namaste! (The Light in me recognizes the Light in you!)

**This blog entry comes from my monthly e-Newsletter. If you would like to receive an inspirational story in your inbox every month, please sign up at www.LisaTunney.com.