Saturday, November 30, 2013

Moving Within

Recently, it has come to my attention that many of us are feeling a little loopy lately. Whether that means we are sick, tired or have a general sense of sluggishness, these symptoms are going around. This certainly sums up where I am
myself during these last couple of weeks. I mean, I have leaves to rake, floors to mop, bathrooms to clean, Christmas cards to sign and a bucket load of writing projects to complete. Even so, the plethora of "assignments" I have given myself are, much to my chagrin, sitting on the sideline waiting for me to attend to, while very little is actually getting accomplished. In fact, just this morning, I stayed in bed for an extra four hours (yes, I wrote four hours), just trying to catch up on some much needed sleep. Furthermore, I have been practically pulling out my hair, trying to decide what inspirational tidbit to write about this month. Frankly, I have not spent much time at my computer this last week and it felt like I had to be dragged, both kicking and screaming, to my desk just to write this month's entry. Oh Calgon, take me away...


That all being said, the guilt factor has been slowly seeping its way into my consciousness. Like many of us, I have been brought up to believe that it is imperative to keep busy at all times. If I am not engaged in some sort of activity or another, then there must be something wrong. I mean, I have a schedule to keep with all the items on my to-do list and my so-called type A personality (okay, let's make that a type A minus personality) doesn't warrant me the luxury of not finishing on time. Alas, while in the midst of racking my brain, trying to get a move on things, I have decided that sometimes we just need to take a break. 

The truth is, we are not robots. We are, on the other hand, not only biological creatures, we are also cyclical Beings. We are supposed to move with the rhythm that Mother Nature has set out for us. As we approach the upcoming Winter Solstice, the days are becoming shorter, while the nights are ever increasing, until we reach the shortest day of the year on the 21st. As cyclical Beings we are supposed to sleep more during this time frame. Modern technology has created the alarm clock, but our bodies were never meant to have the same schedule 365 days a year. When we fight what is a natural part of our existence, we create illness and lethargy. In other words, the Universe is always guiding us to do what we need to do and when we don't listen, the "yuk" factor shows up. That just means that we will be forced to kick up our feet and get our much needed rest anyway. 

If, on the other hand, we choose to glide through life with our natural cadence, we would recognize that the longer nights are a metaphor for our Divine Feminine Aspect. Whether we are male or female, we all have both a Feminine and Masculine Aspect. While the Masculine represents setting goals and being focused, the Feminine Aspect is our innate intuition and our creation. As our bodies seek rest, we have an opportunity to move within in order to check in with the Self to see what it needs. We can then cleanse away the old information that no longer serves us in order to create a re-birthing of the new Self. 

This idea is analogous to the chrysalis state of the butterfly. When the caterpillar wraps itself inside its cocoon, it appears that nothing is actually happening. It seems to be just hanging around, getting its much needed rest. In reality, a whole host of changes are manifesting while being enveloped in this so-called restful state. At the perfect moment the metamorphosis is complete and a beautiful butterfly emerges. Like the butterfly, when we are resting, a whole lot of shifting is going on within us so that our better and more beautiful Selves can emerge.

While it is true that since I have been checked into the relaxation hotel, my house may not be as spic and span as I would like it to be and my desk may be a little lonely right now, but that is fine. Everything is in good order. Patience is something I am definitely here to learn anyway. Besides which, things always swing in the other direction when it needs to. It is my time to simply keep the faith that all is well in the Universe and my computer will soon be ready for action when I am too.

So, allow yourself the time for reflection. Feel free to sleep, meditate and generally check in with what it is that the inner you is seeking. Give yourself permission to just chill out and not get submerged into the crazy commercialization of the holiday season. Instead, allow this Sacred time to fill you up with the energy of expansion that we will be moving through after the Solstice. Just remember, to let the guilt-factor go and honor where ever you are in any given moment. Going with the flow will rejuvenate the Divine within you and as always, that is a good thing!

***
This blog entry comes from my monthly e-Newsletter. If you would like to receive an inspirational story in your inbox every month, please sign up at www.LisaTunney.com.

Thank you for reading and Namaste! (The Light in me recognizes the Light in you!)