Saturday, June 1, 2013

The Closing Ceremony

Yesterday was the last day of my 46th year and I kept hearing as much in my mind. As the thought continuously made itself known to me, I decided to revel in the fact that an ending and therefore a beginning was taking place.  I looked at my
surroundings as though this was the last time I would see everything—and in fact, in a way it was true.  I will never be that person I was yesterday again since today, I am who I am in this moment of now.  It was refreshing to see the world in this Light.


It didn't take long to decide that for my nightly meditation I would meditate to the gratitude of my 46th year.  I acknowledged this session as a closing ceremony of the previous twelve months and I must say (and write) that I am grateful that I did it.  It was such a powerful experience!

I started with June 1st 2012.  It occurred to me that was not only my 46th birthday, it was on that day where literally the next phase of my life would begin.  You see, I had moved from once having all the trappings of a successful woman to living the life of a Bohemian, which meant for the previous five years I had been living on the road, never knowing where I would be next.  This five-year road trip was paramount in my Spiritual training and I most certainly would never change a moment of it.  However, I was tired and wanted to establish some roots.  In other words, I wanted a place of my own, that I took the time to decorate, knowing that tomorrow I would not have to leave unless I wanted to.  It was a year ago today, I found my next "temporary" place and a couple of months later I took over the lease.  For this former decorator, it was a great joy for me to set up this home.

In my mind's eye, I walked through my home and thanked all the furniture, the nick-knacks, the dishes and towels, not to mention the walls, floor and ceiling.  As I saw each piece, I expressed my gratitude for it coming into my life for this time.  
I then moved my mind outside and thanked the dirt, the furniture, art, pillows, plants, especially all my herbs and the rose bush.  As the head of "the family" in this space, I thanked the wisdom keeper that is here—the Mulberry Tree.  I imagined touching its robust trunk as I sent energy up through the leaves and down through the roots to share with all the other Beings that are here.  

I then thanked all the animals and the elements and all the Beings who helped me to stay here, including my boss, who gave me a job so that I would have the income to pay for the space, my landlord who offered the space to me, and to my step-dad who loaned me the now nearly paid-off deposit last year.  It was in this home where I have truly celebrated the Divine Feminine in me and for that I am eternally grateful.

I rejoiced the two books I have already written and even though my agent and publishing house are not known to me as of yet, I thanked them in the present tense as though they were already here, for it is they who are my partners in the distribution of my life's work.  Likewise, I thanked all the people that have purchased my books and who have put my books on the best seller lists. As I affirmed this intention as though it had already happened, I visualized my name and the names of my books in the New York Times.

I sent my heart-felt thanks to all my clients over the last year, especially the ones who have been in my home. It had been five years since I had my own space to share with others and it was such a blessing for me.

I thanked all the organic foods that have entered into my life and my increasing knowledge about the benefits of eating "real" foods, herbs and spices.  I sent out a special thanks to Chocola Tree, which is the only organic restaurant in town, that also has the most ethical treatment of foods I have ever seen in any restaurant—and for that I am eternally grateful.

I sent my gratitude to my family and to all the old friends and the new ones that I made over the course of this year.

I thanked Sedona for being a dynamic teacher for me, most especially Courthouse, Bell and Cathedral Rocks.  Plus, I gave thanks to the Stupa and for my morning hikes up at Airport, for it was here where the rays of the sun pour into the valley over my favorite rocks and many more.  I sent a special piece of gratitude to Thunder Mountain—for it has been the powerful masculine energy in my surroundings that has brought balance to the feminine energy of my home.

I meandered through the list of trials I have experienced over the course of the year and last night, I celebrated them all; for they have each taught me something about myself, which has further expanded my Spiritual Awareness.

After moving through my list, I closed the ceremony by giving one more hearty thanks for a year well done.  As I visualized the end of chapter "46", I welcomed the next chapter of my 47th year.

...and I am grateful.

Thank you for reading and Namaste! (The Light in me recognizes the Light in you!)

This blog entry comes from my monthly e-Newsletter. If you would like to receive an inspirational story in your inbox every month, please sign up at http://lisatunney.com/enews.php.