Saturday, April 13, 2013

Meditation & Nature Walks in W. Sedona

So often we walk around with blinders on, never paying attention to the world around us. This class gives us an opportunity to open up all of our physical senses to the wonders that are simply everywhere. As we learn to develop our sense of
sight, sound, smell, taste and touch, our naturally intuitive sixth sense will begin to blossom as well. This is accomplished by practicing various seated and active meditations.
While each class may be slightly different, some activities we partake in might be discovering how to focus on one sense at a time, learning to read the clouds, rocks and leaves, participating in some active grounding exercises, and so on. For the pièce de résistance, we venture on our nature walk. Our goal is not to get a cardiac workout. Instead, we pay attention to our symbiotic relationship with Nature as we practice a thoughtful walk guided by our intuition. For example, we may feel inclined to softly touch a leaf, smell a flower, watch a tree as the leaves sway in the wind, listen to the birds singing their songs, etc.

After each exercise we discuss what each of us is noticing. Often there is a running theme during each activity, which is one way the Universe communicates with us. We explore possible meanings of the Universe's clues to help get each of us thinking about how the physical world is a metaphor for what is going on for us Spiritually. Everyone is invited to share in this beautiful practice.

What people are saying about this group:
"Wow, Lisa, Thank you for this wake up call to my senses in the beautiful setting of the Parc Butte de Chaumont. I highly recommend this Meetup group. What a great way to practice mindfulness. I feel more present and connected to myself and my moment by moment experience of life. I just ate an orange and I was so in touch with the taste, smell and texture of it as I ate. Thank you thank you thank you!"
- Mark Walker

Please visit My Site to learn more or sign up on my Meetup page to RSVP here.

Thank you for reading and Namaste! (The Light in me recognizes the Light in you!)