Friday, June 8, 2012

The Venus Transit & Me

Any inkling of doubt that I ever had regarding whether or not I am energetically connected to astrological phenomenon has been washed away by the events of a few evenings ago.  It was then as I sat reading in my favorite cafĂ© when my stomach began to ache.  I wondered if I had eaten too much or if I had some sort of instant food poisoning, but neither of those things seemed quite right.  I continued reading from my Kindle while rubbing my stomach when I received the download from the Universe about what was going on.  I had been sitting there for approximately an hour in pain when it occurred to me that the Venus Transit was going to begin at 6:10pm PST and I ventured that at this point it was probably about an hour after that.  It seemed clear to me that my stomach began to hurt as the transit was beginning its course.  I simply needed to check the time to see if I was correct. I smiled when I looked at my clock to see that indeed it was 7:08.  It wasn’t my stomach after all.  It was my second chakra and it was doing flip flops inside my energetic and physical bodies.


Similar to an eclipse the Venus Transit is when Venus rotates between our planet and the sun.  However, Venus is so small that it merely looks like a black ball dimming the view of a small portion of the solar flames—hence, the reason for it being called a transit instead of an eclipse.

Venus is not only a planet; she is the mythological Roman goddess symbolizing Love, Sex, Prosperity and Beauty.  I had been “calling in” my Sacred Partner for the last few weeks and in the process had been clearing out old beliefs that no longer suited me in order to make room for what does.  As the planet was making her away across the sun, the metaphor of the goddess energy was performing its final cleanse on my second chakra, making space for the good stuff. 

Chakras (pronounced shaw-kruhz) are energetic wheels in the body that are in charge of various aspects of our physical and Spiritual well-Being.  We have hundreds of them, but when most people speak of the chakra system they are talking about the primary seven that align with spaces from the base of the spine up through the crown of our heads.  The second chakra is an inch or two below the navel and its function presides over our inner child, our creativity and our sexuality in relationship with intimacy as opposed to procreation or simple lust.  You are not likely to open up the space of the second chakra with someone you meet at a bar, but rather in Divine partnership with another.

As the pain inside this energetic space in my body continuously increased, I decided it was time to walk home.  I had a thirty minute walk ahead of me, which under normal circumstances would not be a big deal, but as I took each step, I was finding it harder and harder to move.  I made it a couple of blocks before I stood at a red light and as I waited, I thought to myself it would be nice to have a ride right about then.  As the thought finished formulating in my brain a friend who I had not seen in a couple of months drove by and asked if I wanted a ride.  The miracle of the Law of Attraction was really working for me.  I just didn’t realize by how much until a minute later.

For you see, when I stepped into the car, my friend told me he was driving in the opposite direction on his way somewhere, however he had the inkling he was supposed to turn back for some reason.  When he saw me standing there clearly in pain, he knew it was his job to pick me up.  Thank goodness for him listening to my energetic plea for help!  What I also love about the Law of Attraction is that I was able to put my intention to the Universe with my thought, but in the Spirit world there is no sense of time.  In other words, my thought was able to travel back in time by about a minute or so in order that my friend could not only hear it, but so that he would have enough time to get to me as I was finished thinking the thought.  Ah, how quantum physics fascinates me!  

Funnily enough when I stepped into my friend’s car, without me telling him what was going on with me, he informed me that my second chakra was blasting and I was about to get everything I wanted.  I, of course, already knew that, but it was nevertheless still nice to hear confirmation from the Universe and he just happened to be the messenger. 

When we arrived at my house, I said my goodbyes to him and offered my deepest thanks for the ride and decided to go to bed early.  I spent much of the first couple of hours in bed moaning and groaning through the pain, but even so I was happy.  I have chosen at this juncture in my Spiritual maturation to feel in the physical body any sense of Spiritual cleansing that is going on.  It is not necessary to do this, but for me it is the physical proof I need to know that it is happening.  That being said, even though I was in physical pain, my heart was jumping for joy, sharing its “yahoos” with the Universe.

It’s been three days now and while the blasting has calmed down to a mere “exuding,” my second chakra is still doing its thing.  In this Divinely guided process, I have received another download that this energetic shift in my body is a calling card for my Twin Flame Partner to show up, enabling him to find me.  While that hasn’t happened yet, since the day of the Venus Transit I have had an exorbitant amount of attention from various men of all ages.  It occurred to me last night that they are picking up on the second chakra signal.  However, I am choosing to not take “their calls” as I am waiting for the one that I am calling in.

The good news is that while I have always been annoyed by unwanted attention from men, now I am taking it all in stride.  They are certainly allowed to look at the menu, but I have the ability to say that they cannot order—but, this time I am doing it with a smile.

I am curious to see how this all unfolds, but in the meantime, it certainly is an interesting ride.

Thank you for reading and Namaste! (The Light in me recognizes the Light in you!)