Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Look Up!

The other day as I was nearing the end of my daily walk, I heard the squawks coming from above my head from a raven.  Ravens are known as the "look out soldiers" of the animal kingdom as they are always warning all the species of possible intruders. Of course, on this day, I was the intruder, but in that moment I felt there was something more for me to learn.  As the raven continued to harp his battle cry, I intuitively was being guided that he was really just asking me to look up.  As I turned my gaze towards him, he became silent.  This bird wanted my attention, even though he was several feet above me atop a telephone pole.

Later that evening a friend of mine did a reading for me and she shared that when I am worried about something, all I have to do is to symbolically wrap up my worries and hold them up above my head to Father Sky.  I can then surrender my worries to the Universe asking for them to be taken away and shifted into positive energy for Mother Earth.  Again, I was advised to look up.

It occurred to me that this is what Raven was trying to tell me—that I am not alone on this endeavor called life.  When I am feeling overwhelmed with whatever worries that show up, I can either visualize in my mind this upward movement and gaze towards the sky or I can actually physically do it in this world.  I can honestly say that I have practiced both forms and this exercise has done wonders for clearing the energetic space of worry.

So, if you are feeling a bit on the overwhelmed side of life, just give your worries to God, Buddha, Alah, Great Spirit, the Angels, Spirit Guides or whomever speaks to you in your daily practice.  We all come from Source and Source is here to help guide us on our path.

Thank you for reading and Namaste! (The Light in me recognizes the Light in you!)