Monday, April 27, 2009

REIKI AT A DISTANCE

If you are looking to have a REIKI session, but just can't find the time or simply do not know a REIKI practitioner in your area then distant REIKI may be the method for you. As a form of energy, REIKI does not follow the same linear way of thinking that we humans do. It can travel across time and space. Sending REIKI to someone in India, while you are in San Francisco is not a problem. Or sending it to the past to heal your feelings about an event is also a possibility. It can also be sent to the future to help us calm our nerves for an upcoming interview, manifest our desires, whatever you can think of ... the possibilities are endless.

How does it work? Traditionally a proxy is utilized in place of a person for a hands-on reiki session. A proxy can be a doll, stuffed animal, pillow or anything that is handy…I have used a jacket and even my own legs. The intention is set by the practitioner and the session commences. Since the energy is being sent across time and space it works much more quickly than an in-person session. On average a distant session may be 15-20 minutes long. However, I have come to the conclusion that even this length of time is to appease the practitioner's egos. Our brains make us think that it must take some time for energy healing to work, so a session needs to be a certain length of time. This simply is not so. An allotted time frame only suits our linear way of thinking. Distant REIKI works instantly and doesn’t need a particular length of time. I simply do distant reiki until my hands 'turn off'. Our Higher Selves know when we are finished and that is good enough for me.

I had a client who at one time had a cancer scare. She had uterine cancer in the past and the doctors thought it had returned. While she was at the doctor’s office, I sent her distant REIKI. This was before I was ‘out of the closet’ about my healing abilities. She had no idea I was sending it to her nor did she know I was a REIKI practitioner. The next day, she told me she felt a warm energy around her uterus while she was in the waiting room at her doctor’s. I told her I was sending her energy during that time. For three days I continued sending her energy and for three days she confirmed with me that she could feel it. Thankfully, she was not diagnosed with cancer. Was it the REIKI? I am not sure, but either way, she did feel it and it was healing her in some way.

How about manifesting desires? A friend of mine was looking for the perfect home. She sent her list of requirements to me and for 21 days I sent distant reiki to her, her boyfriend and their new home together. Shortly thereafter the perfect home was found. REIKI helped to fulfill her dream.

I sent myself distant REIKI to heal every year of my life. Each day I sent REIKI to one year, starting with conception to birth, then birth to year one, etc until I reached my current age. I would visualize the younger version of myself in my mind and sent the energy. Often I found I either remembered something or remembered how I felt about something during the given year. I was able to deal with my long suppressed emotions and move on from the experience. I was finally able to let go. I was healed.

If sessions can be given distantly does this mean that attunements can be given in the same way? Yes!

We are living in the age of modern technology. Class materials can be sent via email. Conversation can occur for free on Skype or by phone and the actual attunement can be sent using a proxy in your place. My teacher who was in San Francisco attuned someone in Jordan via the distant method and the student was able to pass attunements the very next day. I myself have attuned a reiki master in California while I was in France. Among other things, her hands got hot, she felt me blow the symbols on her and felt a sense of inner peace she had not felt before. It really does work!

REIKI always works for the Highest Good of recipient, whether given in person or distantly. It works with the underlying cause of an ailment or block and is also a wonderful modality for helping to prevent disease. If you are curious about distant REIKI, please visit my site at http://www.serenitylifestyle.com/ or go directly to the distant REIKI page at http://www.serenitylifestyle.com/ReikiSessions2.html.

Thank you for reading and Namaste! (The Light in me recognizes the Light in you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment