Monday, March 30, 2020

Lessons from Covid-19: Cycles of Life

Cycles of the four Seasons

While people around the globe are sheltered-in-place during this pandemic, groups are gathering together virtually on Zoom so that they can still have human connection. People have access to their families, they are having virtual parties, and various interest and support groups are meeting, as well. It's a great way to unite together in this time of uncertainty.


Yesterday was the first monthly virtual reunion of the classmates from the Foundation of Shamanic Studies 2-week program last June. About 1/3 of us were able to meet online. Even though nine months have passed since we had all seen each other, my feelings hadn't changed. Hair may have grown or changed color and mustaches may have suddenly appeared, but other than that, it felt as though no time had really passed.

In this group, we talked about the elephant in the roomCovid-19. We discussed how we were feeling. We discussed various Shamanic journeys we had regarding the subject. And we even managed to have a few laughs, as well.

One person mentioned how he has been sensing "The Eye of Time" through this ordeal. He was curious if we would be interested in journeying to this to see what comes up for us. We didn't have time during our discussion, but later that afternoon, I was involved with another Shamanic group, and it was here where I would find my answer.

The Eye of Horus
Originally, when the man in my class mentioned The Eye of Time, I immediately saw the Eye of Horus in my mind. The Eye of Horus was an ancient Egyptian symbol for the Sky God was also revered as the Hunter, War and Kingship God. According to Wikipedia, the eye symbolizes protection, royal power and good health. 

When I journeyed to The Eye of Time, I expected to see this symbol, but initially that would not be the case. In this forum, I saw it as a 3-dimensional eyeas though it were a living entity that was feminized, but not necessarily female. I felt safe around this entity and knew I was about to have a lesson shared.

I asked what it is I need to learn from The Eye of Time. I was told that it was time to remember that time is cyclical. Our ancestors knew this, of course, but in the hustle bustle of our current culture, particularly in the last century, we have lost that understanding. I was told that it is time to honor the hour, the day, the month, the season (the season was particularly strong), and longer periods of time, a well (centuries, millenniums, eras, etc).

Okay, that is all well and good, but right now is springtime, I reflected while in the journey space. Springtime is a time of blossoming and it doesn't feel like springtime to most of us out here. It feels more like the winter cycle, in that we are sheltering ourselves and going within.

A response quickly came.

"It may feel like you are under a prison sentence and not experiencing springtime, but that is only how it appears. In point of fact, it is in this time that you are blossoming. The damage to this planet and to human beings has been so extensive, that humans need this time of rest, but in the process, blossoming is occurring. We can think of how the caterpillar cocoons itself in order to become the beautiful butterfly. You are in that cocoon stage."

Ah. I see. Makes sense actually.

Finally, I asked about the Eye of Horus and why I saw it when it was brought up in conversation during the virtual reunion. I wondered if it somehow relates to The Eye of Time. I was not disappointed. I could see that the Eye of Horus was being drawn onto our third eyes, so that we could have an understanding of The Eye of Time and its cycles.

That is where the journey ended. 

As I reflect upon this message, I think of how I have stayed up too late instead of honoring my body and sleeping when it needs sleep. I have thought about how under normal circumstances, I don't really have a day of rest during the week. I don't honor the days when they are shorter or longer. If I have to get up early to go on my walk so that I can fit it in before work, then so be it. It doesn't matter if it's still dark or not. Have I been honoring the cycles? Not really. But the message has given me food for thought.

It is during this time of Covid-19 that I have slept more hours each dayI actually feel rested for the first time in yearsliterally YEARS.  I have been complaining about exhaustion for the last five years and it has seemingly disappeared in two weeks. And that is a good thing! I am determined to reflect more on this message in order to see how I can play my part in honoring the cycles.

Imagine what would happen if we all did the same. What a beautiful existence on planet Earth it would be.

Thank you for reading and Namaste! (The Light in me recognizes the Light in YOU!)

This post comes from my monthly newsletter. If you would like to read more stories such as this, please visit www.LisaTunney.com and scroll down on the home page to sign up.

No comments:

Post a Comment