Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Just As You Are

Yesterday, I went shopping for a new short skirt. The sales lady, who I know well, showed me a very short skirt. I told her that wouldn't work for me.



"We all criticize ourselves," she said.

I responded by saying, "You misunderstand me. I am perfect. I just have to work with what I have."

She looked at me for a moment and then she said, "I am perfect too. I just have to work with what I have."

"Exactly," I said with a smile.

We (especially women) have been taught to be self-deprecating. Nearly every day I correct a woman who criticizes the way she looks. Inevitably, I surprise her when she hears that she is perfect just as she is in the here and now—but, the thing is, it is true. The Universe would NOT make a mistake when creating any of us. It's time we recognized our innate perfection and allow it to shine through, because YOU are perfect just as you are.

...And so it is!

Thank you for reading and Namaste! (The Light in me recognizes the Light in you!)