Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Opening with Gratitude

With modern day life being as fast-paced as it is, we often have a tendency to look at our daily experiences from a negative perspective.  With the laundry list of necessary to-do items we must endure, it is certainly easy to follow the path of the complainer.  Even if we don't state our irritations to our friends and family, when we focus on the doom and gloom aspect of any given moment, we are simply creating more of the same in our reality.  Who needs that?  Thankfully, there is an easy solution.  It's called gratitude.

Now, I am not talking about the auto-pilot frenzy of thank yous we regurgitate throughout the day.  Don't get me wrong, saying thank you for all the niceties in life is a good thing and a wonderful practice to get us into the groove of genuine gratitude.  However, the most important aspect of gratitude is actually not the saying of our thanks, but the feeling behind the gratitude.  When we allow ourselves to experience the joy of gratitude, that is when the shift in consciousness is made.

Yes, I am thankful when someone passes me the salt, but when I stop and notice where I am in the moment of the salt passing, recognizing the fact that a web of our community is involved with one another, it allows me to have a greater sense of the Divine flowing throughout the Universe.  For example, I am not only grateful that someone was kind enough to pass the salt, I am grateful that the salt is such an amazing mineral that flavors my food so that my pallette can enjoy each bite.  Additionally, the iodine in the salt helps to maintain my healthy body.  Of course, the fact that someone had to harvest the salt so that I could enjoy it; and someone else had to deliver it to the store; while the store itself was able to carry it so that I wouldn't have to go through the harvesting process myself makes my life so much easier.  It frankly takes an army of Beings (including the salt itself) to get the salt to me and for that I am grateful.  And frankly, these are just a few examples of how I am grateful for the salt. It is when I recognize all these beautiful gifts behind the salt passing where I become aware of my part of the unifying whole of our Universe, and that is when I feel the Light within.

In last night's class, Karen Hager and I explored the idea of Opening through Gratitude.  It is in the space of genuine gratitude where we open up to the magical wonders of the Universe that are waiting for us at any given moment.  We share exercises, meditations and of course stories to make this telecourse a fun exploration into Self.  The good news is that this class was recorded and can be taken at any time.  So, if you are feeling called to join in the Gratitude goodness that was shared, please visit my site at http://lisatunney.com/telecourses.php.

Thank you so much for reading and Namaste! (The Light in me recognizes the Light in you!)