Saturday, November 21, 2009

LIFE JUST IS

We each have several defining moments in our lives; college graduation, marriage, and the birth of a child are just a few examples. A powerful moment can also be when we make a sudden realization, allowing a shift in consciousness. Some may only have one epiphany in a lifetime, others may have several a week; but either way, these shifts are important to not only the individual but the collective unconscious as a whole. When one benefits, we all benefit.

A shift in consciousness can involve something as small as looking at a single moment as though it were the entire Universe. When we look at a bad situation, do we see it as bad? Or for that matter when we look at a good situation, do we see it as good? The truth of the matter is that there really isn’t anything that is good or bad. Life just is.

Sometimes we move through our journey taking things so seriously. When life isn’t going according to plan, we allow our perception to feel a situation as the worst thing that could possibly happen, reliving the thought process in our minds over and over again. It seems as though things just can’t get any worse, and then they do. If we took the time to step back and see things from an objective perspective, we can see that everything is really ok. We are exactly where we need to be.

The best way to experience this state of Being is to simply go with the ebb and flow of life. What is life showing you today? For that matter, what is showing up for you in right now? Truthfully, nothing else matters, but this very moment…and this very moment…and this very moment. In all those moments, we are all perfect. We are all fine. The world didn’t collapse. We all took some refreshing breaths. We all used our eyes to read. It’s all good.

Living in the present moment has been a subject that has been regurgitated to death, but what does that mean exactly and how do we actually do it? Being present simply means opening up one’s awareness to everything in this moment. I feel the weight of my left leg over my right. I am cognizant of each inhalation and exhalation. I feel the energy moving throughout my body. I feel my left eyebrow more then my right. I feel the keys on my computer as my fingers dance across the keyboard. I see all the sights and I hear all the sounds surrounding me in this moment. This is living in the moment.

Being present does not mean paying attention to the laundry list of thoughts that come in and out of your mind. How are my bills going to get paid? Where will I live tomorrow? When is the love of my life showing up? None of these things matters in this particular moment, for you are one with the Universe.

I once had a love-hate relationship with a former boyfriend. It was pure hell during the relationship. Seven years later, I can honestly say that it was a fascinating experience. I was able to love and hate one person at the same time. I wouldn’t have known that these two emotions are actually more closely tied into one another than one might realize, I had I not gone through this relationship myself.

It suddenly occurred to me last night like a flash of lightning that it would be nice if I would be fascinated with so-called hellish experiences while they are occurring. Life is messy. Life is a rollercoaster. Even the Dali Lama gets angry. Does he get upset that he is upset? Or does he just go with the flow of his anger and move on?

I personally have been complaining so much about my financial situation lately. I do my work. I love what I do. I finally aligned with my mission on this planet and the Universe still hasn’t provided and I have frankly been pissed off. Instead of going with the flow, I have been allowing the anger to take over my mind, body and soul. Of course, I have been attracting more of the same; and knowing that fact has only made me feel worse.

When this new shift took place and I simply decided all this emotional outpouring is not serving me anymore. I let it all go. I am doing what I want to do. I am writing. I am teaching reiki. I am a spiritual life coach. I am being of service. I do have a roof over my head. I do have food to eat. So what if my internet at home is not working and I have to carry my heavy computer to the café. I like being at the café. The walk is good exercise. I am on an adventure. I have finally found peace. This living in the moment thing really is all that it is cracked up to be.

Life is a series of moments strung together. Take mental photos of each moment and pay homage to all that life has to offer you; the good the bad and the ugly…for it’s all good.

Thank you for reading and Namaste! (The Light in me recognizes the Light in you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment